Sunday, October 27, 2013

"GUGLIELMO MARCONI" Deck Plan




In 1976, can't really remember the date, I went on board MARCONI with a very good friend from my primary school years, Francisco Moura, him also a great ships enthusiast, we been together on many ship spotting in our native Lisbon, this was a special occasion for him though, we embarked on one of the tugs that would assist MARCONI and clearly remember him saying to me, " you were right, this ship is really amazing", minutes later we stepped on board for a tour of the ship, something that being his first time he cherished for nearly four decades, earlier this year we met again is his house and as a gesture and appreciation of my admiration for this ship he decided to offer me the deck plan and a copy of a telegram that he was presented on board, memorabilia that he has saved all these years, I can't thank him enough for this, this is a bit of history posted on this blog, the deck plan of the ship when she was introduced for the Europe to the River Plate service in January of 1976.

No comments:

Post a Comment